Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Woo Hoo!

At 4:00am after completing the 'rough first edit' of my short film I decided that it was time to have a go at doing some REAL EDITING.

All I had done so far is just put the sequences and scenes together. Looking at it as a whole film it is shit.

Now...

After a lot of thought and consideration the work now comes. So at 4:00am I tried the style. And it worked.

From the day of filming I saw this new style of cutting in my head. As we were shooting the material it became clearer and clearer what I would have to do.

Give the subject matter and style of the project I know I have a lot of freedom to do whatever I fucking want - Audiences are used to different techniques and styles. A golden rule is NOT TO UNDERESTIMATE THE SOPHISTICATION OF YOUR AUDIENCE.

So.

I won't underestimate you. Your job will be to keep up with me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Glad you're in a better mood now!

I like your "NOT TO UNDERESTIMATE THE SOPHISTICATION OF YOUR AUDIENCE" mantra - I hate films which just wash over me because the director has presumed everyone watching is a moron who needs every single frame explained in great detail. I like to be suprised and see new things every time I watch.

Hope it all turns out well.

4/11/2006 6:51 pm  
Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

awsome Doom!

I can't wait to see it.

x

4/11/2006 7:06 pm  
Blogger Smartypants said...

Oh good! It sounds like things are better.

= )

4/12/2006 12:06 am  
Blogger Stefanie said...

Good for you. It really annoys me when my sophistication is underestimated. Let us figure it out. I respect that. I'm very excited for you! Spring is coming and births are everywhere, including you giving birth to your film.

4/12/2006 6:33 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

ohh my goodness, all these comments from such beautiful people!

KAT - yeah - it is a hard line to get right - the sophistication of ones audiences - but one must strive hard not to do it. (was i in such a bad mood?)

BETH - remember - you can me sushi this time

SMARTY - things are better AND simultaneously worse...

DIABLO - I'd be curious as to what you think of it... perhaps you could help get me ann agent in LA!

STEFANIE - giving birth to my film... hmmm - interesting metaphor... I'd never thought of it like that - its taken months and it's the source of stress and pleasure... isn't birth painful?

Peace and love

Thanks for dropping by

xxx

4/12/2006 7:31 pm  
Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

Doomie... remember the curry :D

4/12/2006 7:52 pm  
Blogger Kat said...

'Bad mood' is maybe a bit much. I just have a theory that when people start using the word 'cunt' in their posts, they are harbouring some pent up anger!

4/12/2006 9:49 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

hmmm.

you are right.

i defer to your intelligence.

*bows*


x

4/12/2006 9:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home