Sunday, April 02, 2006

Emotional Impact

I have spent a couple of hours editing and I have to say that it is draining.

For a start, 60% of the film is in one central scene where there are several key developments and paradigm shifts - I can say with 100% truth and honestly that it is an immense pleasure to edit such a well acted and written scene. I've never worked with performances of this calibre.

I may appear biased, but the performances are riveting. The responsibility of the editor is to ensure that the emotional tone of the scene is optimised to the flow of the story - that is to say - I do not want melodrama - but the slightest BLINK can upset the pacing of the scene - every raised eyebrow, every movement every slightest thing is crucial.

(Must be careful not to show off the acting. Do not show off the editing. Do not show off the film)

Just blend it together smoothy...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,

I wonder how many people, in London are actually up.. Posting in the wee hours of sunday morning.

I'm getting excited about your movie, strange as all I know about it is the little info you give on your posts, but you must find a way to share when it's done.

x

4/02/2006 3:01 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

only the freaks and wierdoes are up at 4:00am.

4/02/2006 3:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... I choose freak anyday. Considering it's 4am again...

4/03/2006 3:20 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Ha. You must have just missed me. I went to bed at 03:50.

following my above reasoning - you must be more of a freak than me.

Blondie
x

4/03/2006 11:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home