Thursday, December 21, 2006

Exuent Stage Left:

And now we come to the end of this partcular chapter. After 21 months together - the girl I thought might be my queen is gone.

A wounding blow? Yes.

But I will live on and fight another day.

Nonetheless, I have lost one of the few things I my life I considered precious. Of course, life goes on, and I am in no rush to replace her. For the time being I need to focus on a few personal core activities.

Now that I consider that 2006 is nearly at an end, and I realise that I have managed only to move sideways. No apparent progress has been made.

-Since I hurt my back, my fitness has suffered as I have been unable to train. Therefore I have lost muscle and gained fat.

-Since I quit that job last December, I have had a handful of days work this year. Therefore I have lost the bulk of my savings and earned next to nothing.

-My quest to find representation as a commercial/music video director has so far led to nothing.



I do. However, have two secret projects I have been working on for some time. In 2007 I plan to journey Westwards to a place known as Los Angeles.

My weapons will be a DVD of my work and two 100 page documents known as scripts. With what money I wonder will I live on when I visit, but at least I have a place to stay - a delightful friend has made me an offer of an invitation. Together, him and I will become powerful allies.

There are also a few opportunities to direct low budget music videos, but these are unreliable and will probably lead nowhere.

When I read the above entry I think a lesser man would weep. But I remember that one day I will be dead and none of this will matter. All that will remain is whether or not I gained enough brownie points to get into heaven.

Go in peace

xxxx

6 Comments:

Blogger LeeLoreya said...

merry christmas anyway, nice fresh celibate start of new year; then?

12/21/2006 8:39 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

away from the temptations of the flesh is a good place to be.

12/22/2006 12:27 am  
Blogger RuKsaK said...

you too go in peace Kohai. Sorry to hear the news, but now you are all anew - and more ready than you might have been for a new start. Best of luck to you in 2007.

12/22/2006 12:47 am  
Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

I'm sorry for your pain, but am looking forward to what it brings you.

12/22/2006 8:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime I visit here I feel all warm and fuzzy inside...
Come keep me company!

Few things:

*You guys had PERFECT breakup timing.

*This is the PERFECT time of year to err, gain more fat.

*This is the PERFECT time of year to not be broke.

*PERFECT time to find a new director, considering everyone is away on holiday, with girlfriends and money.


And one day you'll be dead and none of it would matter? Words straight from my heart.

xxx

12/28/2006 12:57 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Chin up, walk straight, carry on!!

Seemingly

There'll be another queen just round the corner for you mate, you just watch.

I'm about to watch the new Rocky film if you fancy grabing some beer and pottering round..

;0)

12/29/2006 4:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home