Sunday, January 29, 2006

Music Video Treatment

I am so fuckign annoyed that I am still waiting for OTHER PEOPLE to sort out their shit and do what they have to do so I can finish the two biggest projects on my new showreel.

It has left me with my cock in my hands just waiting around for fucking weeks.

So I need something to do - and I want to shoot another project - and I suspect that if I do, it will be finished WELL before these other projects even though they were shoot AGES ago.

This weekend I have spent a few hours writing a music video treatment for a house music tun that is gonna be released by a big record company.

BUT - It is very sneaky thing that these record labels are doing - the budget for the video is only £1000 and they want it played on MTV dance. So they basically NEED something of a high quality but they won't pay proper money.

So they get desperate wannabees like me to respond to an open call on a newsletter that they send out. I have no idea how many others are replying but I know my idea is strong and simple enough to be able to shoot on the shoestring they are offering as a budget.

On the plus side, my producer has dealt with the label before so at least that raises me above some of the monkees that will be responding to the advert.

And it is still good practice for me to write a treatment because it forced me to come up with an idea and then develop it so that it fits the logistical constraints of such a small shoot.

Which I actually think I have done quite well.

3 Comments:

Blogger london cokehead said...

At least you got your house tune mate ...

2/01/2006 2:31 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

well.... not quite... I still need one.

doom

2/01/2006 9:46 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Button of Shittyness is located at

http://i1.tinypic.com/n1ywap.jpg

Happy now?

2/02/2006 3:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home