Friday, January 13, 2006

The Morning After the Night Before

Dearest Readers,


After indulging my appetite for raw fish prepared for my yours truly I can report with 100% confidence that....


I AM STILL ALIVE!!

MY GIRLFRIEND IS STILL ALIVE!!

WOO HOO!!!

I ATE ONE PORTION ON WEDNESDAY AND THE REST YESTERDAY AND WE HAVE HAD NO ILL EFFECTS WHATSOEVER!!!

And truly, I feel like I have learned something wonderful... like I have been let in on a big secret. For those of you interested I will make a post outlining how I made the sushi,what I did and where I got it from AND I promise that next time I will take some nice photos too. Cos there will be a next time.

I am actually day dreaming about one day owning my own sushi restaurant.

Doom
x

PS.

For one month I have become a vegetarian, this is forcing me to give up eating the crappy junk food I have been eating far too frequently. I have done it as an experiment to find out what it feels like to not eat meat. So far it is going very well. Being able to have sushi now makes in much easier.

PPS.

I have another script meeting today. And yet again I will drag off this writer to another shop - this time the Japanese place to get more sushi ingredients!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your status among the living.

For lunch today I had some sashimi. It was tasty. Hopefully tomorrow I will still be alive as well.

I look forward to your sushi recipes.

1/13/2006 6:21 pm  
Blogger RuKsaK said...

I am glad you are alive - are you gonna have like lifetime VIP memberships to give away for your sushi place?

1/14/2006 2:19 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Utopia - I think you'll be alive... this week is a lucky week.

Ruksak - Erm, if I ever decide to open a sushi place, yeah, why not... you'll be top of the list of VIP members...

1/14/2006 2:29 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but , Fish is meat too you know .

I know these things !!!

1/16/2006 6:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.. london cokehead had my thoughts down spot on.

Hmmm What shall you call yourself now?!

1/16/2006 8:57 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

LCH, TILDA -

I am not a vegetarian out of any belief that I am saving the animals or anything 'new age' like that.

I am doing it because I cannot for the life of me see how people CAN get by and not eat meat. So I figured I would see for myself.

Of course, I know I need vitamins and iron and protein -- so I eat fish. And LOTS of it.

which is sort of veggie.... isn;t it?

Doom
x

1/17/2006 2:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah if you say soo...
I don't eat red meat ever, but I eat lots of fish and sometimes chicken... So maybe I'm sort of a vegetarian too?

The best sushi that is not fish= Crispy duck maki. Usual Maki, with crispy duck filling, spring onion and hoisin sauce. AMAZING.
Ps. Where do u buy fish?

1/17/2006 3:43 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

I will reveal all about where I buy my fish in a post soon....

1/17/2006 10:21 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

" Where do u buy fish? "

Fish , can be bougth in a Fish shop or from a Supermarket or a Grocery store..

It can also be found in the sea and rivers using a technique called fishing ..


Sorry , I just had too !!

1/18/2006 7:18 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Oh go on then , have a dig at the spelling mistake !!

1/18/2006 7:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home