Friday, September 02, 2005

Technology.

10,000 years ago. The most technologically advanced item on the world would have been a rock with a jagged edge.

Literally the cutting edge of technology.

What would my cavemen ancestors do if they damaged this technology?

Easy. They'd go and find a new one.

Cut to 10,000 years into the future and here I am with a little box that gives me the power to talk to anybody on the whole planet who also has a little box in their pocket.

Excellent stuff.

Of course.

Until the mother fucker stops doing what you want it to do.

I am trying to arrange the casting for my short film and my cunt of a mobile phone is on it's last legs. It is a shamefully embarrasing situation that I am forced to endure. I am with the network 'three' which means only certain handsets are compatible with my sim card. And they all cost a small fortune - whilst I am not working I simply cannot justify that kind of money on a phone.

There are several dodgy ways of getting a phone, but honestly I don't want to do anything like that anymore. Odd to admit, but the Lord of Doom is becoming conscientous in his old age.

But FUCK IT.

I cannot be arsed to explain the problems this is causing me and why it is such a nuiscance to fix.

I hate my phone.

But I cannot acheive my objectives without it.

Sad to admit.

I need it.

But I wonder how one of those 10,000 year old rocks would fare in a fight against my Motorala A1000. I reckon the rock would smash the FUCK out of my mobile.

And then be cutting edge technology again. I'd carry that around with me instead. It woud probably be lighter and more useful to have a rock instead of a mobile telephone.

2 Comments:

Blogger LeeLoreya said...

uh, you could do an online casting?send messages through the internet? tap morse coded messages with the rock?

...

my sympathies. the more sophisticated mobiles are, the more they seem to act like spoilt brats.

9/02/2005 7:01 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Spoilt brats.

That is a perfect metaphor.

Oh wait, you used the word 'like'

So is that a simile.

9/03/2005 1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home