Friday, September 01, 2006

With a Little help from my friends

A little while ago I did a favour for a friend which landed him his dream job at a great company in Soho. I've known the guy for a while and given the short notice I was the only guy who could sort him out.

It was cool, I'm really glad he's got what he wanted - it makes me happy - and to have helped him make me happy too.

Anyway, for the last couple of days I have enrolled my girlfriend as my P.A. to contact 30 ad agencies and print off and sort out the letters and envelopes that accompany my DVD showreel.

And I really appreciated the favour, it made it easy for me and it got a lot of stuff done. Working together with people really fucking works and at times really makes things run easier - more fun. Of course I had to buy her lunch and cook her dinner. But hey, I enjoyed being her boss (more than she enjoyed being my secretary probably)

Anyway.

I've met a few people this week - I had to visit a guy on set on a feature film in London which was cool cos I got to hang out and check things out without having a job to do.

Things are moving. I just need to crank up the pressure and get them moving faster.

But the lesson is: we can do nothing alone. We need to enroll/enlist/press-gang/coerce other people to do the shit with us.

x

2 Comments:

Blogger london cokehead said...

Didn't get your email?

9/02/2006 8:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your girlfriend as your PA? You better remember all this when your rich and famous!

Next week is good. Will email.

xxox

9/02/2006 6:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home