Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Feature Film Script

10 months ago I had about 10 meetings with various writers based in London - my objective to find among them a collaborator for a feature film script I want to produce.

In those meetings I met a varied bunch of people with varying degrees of talent and experience. Among them I found a writer - a very talented chap and together with more or less weekly meetings we have been developing a feature length movie over the last 10 months.

Over time I am developing a style - and that style is to move silently - most people do not know what I am up to and I prefer it that way.

Of course, I would be prejudiced about this - but it is my belief that we have come up with a really strong concept and script. And it is my belief that with concentrated effort I can turn this into a viable project. My co-writer agrees on this because of course - we have put a lot of effort into this. Now is the time to make noise about what I am doing.

Presently we have a second draft treatment and it is now time to start putting into motion the logistics of bring this project into fruition.

The first draft of the script will be written soon - and now it is time to begin to search for actors to star in it. Raising money will all be based around that.

Let me explain:

As a first time director:

Completed Script + no cast attached = bugger all interest from anybody.

Completed Script + 1 or 2 recognised stars = People want to give money.


and it is that simple

As a first time director - if i can also attach experienced Directors of Photography, Camera Operators, Art Directors etc then all become good - their experience balances out my newbie status.

This is what I want to do. This is my dream.

So, if any of you know an A-List Actor - drop me a line please cos I have a treatment I want them to read.

Doom
xx

2 Comments:

Blogger darling said...

Hope it all goes well :)

May all the A listers flock over to read you vying to be read the treatment!

Have a beautiful day :)

8/26/2006 2:23 am  
Blogger Um Naief said...

if you need any music later down the road... my husband produces and composes. he's really good. has done a few documentaries in the U.S. and does a lot of music for commercial projects here in bahrain.

i hope everything works out. interesting blog you have here. i try to stay anonymous in my blog.. but fear that i'm not doing a good job at it.

8/30/2006 9:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home