Monday, July 31, 2006

R&R

So this weekend I went out - I actually went out to a club/bar/restaurant up in Mayfair and a totally chilled out and cool evening was had.

Funny, I didn't realise how stressed and vexed I had become over my objective to be a commercials director. The last few weekends have been spent slaving away and every single day I have been doing something or another for my reel etc so there has been no real escape for me.

So I went out and chilled out.

And on Sunday I chilled out too.

And it was the best thing I could do. I also managed to speak a lot of Russian with a woman who was there too... and I totally NEED to continue with my russian lessons because being able to speak this exotic language is a skill I totally dig having.

Anyway - I was gonna spend today contacting TEN production companies but I managed only ONE. Not because I am lazy - but I suddenly realised that I need to put together a montage of all my work (and include my older stuff in the montage only) so I have spend that last 12 hours slaving away over a laptop cutting ALL my work down to 80 mother fucking seconds.

That's it.

80 seconds.

Cos no cunt is gonna sit through my whole showreel. So I have reduced it down and set it to "The devil is a loser" by LORDI - a kitcsh tune.

But this causes a few problems because I have already sent it out to about 20 people and 2 production companies. And the montage version is better.

fuck it
x

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think cutting it down is a very good idea. You're right, no one wants to sit through anything long... Even if it's amazing, they want to get it as fast as possible.

Kill the 80 seconds.

good luck!

xox

8/03/2006 3:22 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

kill the 80 seconds?

8/03/2006 4:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home