Friday, July 07, 2006

The Big Push

It is my ultimate life/career objective to make movies. In the short term term I aim to become a commercials/music video director. But longer down the line I want to make movies.

I say this because recently I have lost momentum - but the day is not done... I have pulled out all of the stops and with no hesitation I am moving forwards with all cyclinders oiled and pumped up to get my shit done and dusted.

I have opted to complete the post-production sound on my short film myself - fuck waiting for anybody else - I have not done any PPS work since I was 20 and a few things have changed since then... I used to use a programme called Soundscape which rocked back then.

Now, of course, I can sit in my bedroom and do it all on my laptop - it is taking me a while to get back in the saddle - but back I am. SOUNDTRACK PRO is quite a nifty programme - not industry standard but it does the job that it says it does.

I am also whacking in some special visual effects using Adobe After Effects, but since I have ZERO training on this it is taking quite a lot of time.

FINAL FINAL delivery of the music video takes place tomorrow and they want to talk about the next two videos which is good for me.

Anyway, the point is that I am doing what I need to do because for too fucking long I have been talking about getting my Directing Showreel completed and as of yet it is NOT.

There are some comprimises being made about the material being featured - the new compositor is unavailable to complete the job so it seems that I have to use the old fucked up version of the Test Commercial... but ce la vie.

Either that or wait another fucking 3 months.

Whatever.

I'm back, mother fuckers - and watch out because I burn when I'm not and I'm smoking like a mother fucker - the end is in sight and then I BEGIN PHASE TWO.

(one day I will look back at this and wonder what all the fuss was about because I will take my inevitable success for granted and forget the trouble and effort I went to in order to accomplish my ambitions.)

My love to you all, my children


Doom
x

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony Play said...

Good on you Doom. Keep ploughing ahead mate and the success will come. The down periods will make the good periods seem even better.

Interested to see what phase 2 is, although you do sound like Blofeld. You dont own a white cat do you?

7/07/2006 9:11 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Phase Two will be elaborated upon in time.

7/07/2006 9:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooner than later ill have to write about you in a tell all, jackie collins style...
Hollywood directors...
30 years on.. and she's still 21.

xoxo
good luck!

7/07/2006 6:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home