Friday, May 05, 2006

Two Phone Calls.

Generally I resist revealing information about possible leads because more often than not things go nowhere... and it's just anti-climactic and boring for you to read.

But I got a phone call today.

And I picked up a message that was left for me a week ago too.

Phone call 1.

From the Camera Operator from the first performance music video I shot about a year ago I got a call offering the possibility of a job, directing a mobile camera unit on a corporate video which is shooting next week. 4 Hours work. Decent enough hourly rate.

Not fabulous - BUT significantly, the first paid job I have ever been offered as a director.


Phone call 2

A message left for me 7 days ago which my shit cunt phone only sent to me now. My own fault because I know I should check my messages but alas I never did.

Anyway, this is from a guy I met down the local record shop about 18 months ago. I talked to him about music videos and stuff and we went to MacDonalds and I bought him a coffee. He's done his own album and I wanted to talk to him about doing a low budget music video.

I haven't been able to reach him yet but who know... maybe another music video is coming up.


Either Way the lesson here is:

Sow the seeds and they grow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, your first paid directing job.. No matter what the pay is you should be excited celebrate.

Soo happy for you... All the hard work and perserverance (if thats how you spell it) is gonna pay off.

It's starting you see?

xox

5/07/2006 10:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home