Monday, April 24, 2006

Closer

The last couple of days have been excellent - I would advise anybody to find something they love and do it whenever possible - because my self-esteem has sky rocketed since shooting this recent music video.

I have real confidence that one day I will manage to fulfil my ambitions and become a director - and actually get paid for it.

I'm not sure what other people think of my ambitions - whether they think I am bold/reckless/foolish/stupid/brave/arrogant/jealous... and perhaps I should not care - but I am doing what I want to do and what I choose to do.

Directing is the best fucking thing in the world. I am so privilidged to have been able to find the opportunitues to create the links that I have had so far. They have helped me tremendously and carried me a long way. I will not put it down to luck - because luck is an eventual outcome of preparation finding an opportunity.

I do not wish to tempt fate - or be complacent or blase - but I feel so close - I don't even know what I feel close to - but I know that I am slowly begininning to demonstrate my skills and abilities - I see now that very soon the opportunities will come for me to actually approach ad agencies and production companies and tell them that I am the man they are looking for.

For once, I am beginning to truly feel and and accept something powerful: Faith in oneself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww ....Doom that made me feel all warm and cuddly inside :)

x

4/25/2006 10:31 pm  
Blogger Kitty said...

Good for you, fellow blondie! I feel so inspired by your post! Pursuing a dream is so scary--you waffle betwen feeling totally confident one minute, and totally terrified and on the brink of failure the next. Ever since I decided I wanted to pursue writing professionally (part of which entails throwing myself into my little blonde project) I've been a total wreck! But it makes me happy to see other people out there on a similar path, finding success and feeling good.

Keep it up, babe!

4/28/2006 2:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home