Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Directing Showreel.

I am genuinely excited about this music video I just shot. I have seen the first basic edit and I am very impressed with the results.

There is a lot that went wrong and in the edit there is a lot of time to reflect upon this. But there is also a lot that went right.

In this instance the stuff that went right totally outweighs out the stuff that went wrong. And the stuff that went wrong did so because of my own inexperience.

But - since this is only my 2nd music video I think I did alright. To be fair to myself and all of those involved it is a learning curve. If I was a master music video director I'd be getting paid megabucks and travelling around the world to exotic locations.

But for now I must settle for £10 expenses and a dingy warehouse in Central London.

There is a strong probability that this will end up on at least one music channel available to digital viewers and a chance that maybe it will be picked up by another, bigger channel. But I don't really know. I'd love to link to a clip here but I don't want to comprimise my anonymity.

Anyway - this video has filled me with confidence - in itself it probably won't be good enough to guarantee me paid work BUT it will definately be able to get me more opportunities to direct more low budget videos for bigger and better artists with more money.

And once it is completed along with 2 other projects that currently need completion it will then be featured on my SUMMER 2006 DIRECTING SHOWREEL. (which has been a loooong time coming)

Which I hope will be enough to start me on the course of professional work.

Perhaps I will sell special limited edition copies of my showreel on this blog.

What do you think? What would you pay for a signed copy of my reel on DVD?

You'd be supporting an out-of-work artist.


x

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Can't you give us a clue....now I'll have to watch the TV wondering if any of the vids are yours. I'd buy your showreel out of curiousity if only I had some money. Ask again when I've found a job!

5/02/2006 8:14 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Kat - the video will definately be on an obscure channel on SKy Digital - Channel U it is called. (and it is 90% shit)

If I get any place else then that will be a result.

5/02/2006 10:20 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

MAGIC.

That is ace.

I'll send naked pics with it just for you.

x

5/02/2006 10:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magic.. LOL.

You'll get the depressed, lonely, emo fans ...

5/03/2006 12:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home