Monday, December 05, 2005

Short Film Update

Sorry about my lack of posts - I've been somewhat busy with the prep for this short movie.

I've been working with a marvellous Art Director who is also doubling up as the Costume Designer. Today she was at the house doing some basic fittings with the two actresses whilst we were doing rehearsals.

The rehearsals went well - I think we all have a better idea of where this project is going and how they are gonna play the parts. There are three characters in this short film, two girls and one guy. It has been my plan to keep the two girls apart from the guy who is playing the villian. This will kind of help keep things a little fresher when we come to the shoot. And there is a slight surprise in the way that I'm gonna have the villian play the part which I'm gonna keep from the girls until the camera is rolling.

This evening I have been storyboarding and I've done a hell of a lot more work than I managed yesterday. It is a very time consuming activity and one I think that needs to be done very, very carefully.

Anyway, I'm gonna leave you with a gem of wisdom:

Movie making is like a crazy form of paint by numbers. Except nobody tells you what colour each number is. You can try and match it as best as you can, but each element brings it's own colour that slowly fills in the gaps in the canvas to complete the picture bit by bit. It is an amazing process seeing the blanks get filled in. But you have to roll with the punches. No director can have all the answers. It is best to make the big decisions and not get bogged down in unneccessary details. But then again, sometimes the genius is in the small details.

Fo figure.


Tomorrow I have to go to the job centre for my first appointment. I am scheduled for a 9:00am something. Fucked if I know what it is, as they have not sent me any details. But I'm certain if I don't go, then I won't get any mother fucking money.

Honestly, this country is full of fucking such incompetants that it beggars belief.

Peace and love, kids.

xxx

1 Comments:

Blogger london cokehead said...

Oh ho , on the old rock-n-roll ( dole ) , now you know there's no going back ... Your officially suffering for your art mate ...

12/06/2005 3:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home