Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Pressure Grows

The pressure grows as I am heading towards the shooting of my short film.


On the plus side:

I had a meeting with one of the actresses today - nothing too heavy like a rehearsal - just a quick and eay chat over a cup of tea in London.


On the Minus Side:

The editor has read the script and says that he does not think it is structured well enough for him to work on it as a freebie.
Not the end of the world - as we can get another editor (bit of a bummer cos this guy was good) But more importantly, as an editor, this dude KNOWS about movies. So if he says it is not clearly structured then I need to pay attention.

So it seems the script still needs work. I am ready to do one more polish - but I don't quite have the time for a major re-write because I want to crack it and get it finished and finalised. Yet somehow I get the impression that this fucking script is gonna get written and re-written RIGHT up to when we are shooting.

Which is in 23 days.

2 Comments:

Blogger LeeLoreya said...

chilling december eh? in a scarcely furnished house? Hum, I hope you won't all freeze into ice cubes...though that would make a nice surreal still life.

good luck.

11/16/2005 11:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doom,

Thanks for the kind words.

Best of luck finding a new editor.

11/16/2005 11:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home