Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Universal Answer

It is my observation that most things can be solved with one of three things.

a) Time

b) Money

c) Charm.


My edit it taking so song because it is difficult for me to find time. I work a 48 hour week and between sleeping and other stuff there is not that much time left to sit down and edit a music video.

I consider myself to be lacking A) TIME. One solution would be for me to take time off work, but that is a little extreme, and would essentially be counter prouductive. I don't especially care for my work, but money is a facilitator and my wages facilitate my overall master plan.

Anyway, I have come up with a plan. I pay 20% of my daily rate to my co-worker so that they can cover my shift whilst I sit in the side room and edit on my laptop. I don't have to do this every day, but I am buying a 10 hour time window in my own private office with no interuptions.

I spoke to my co-worker and he agreed. So I will do this once a week until I am finished.

But he declined the money, saying that it was rude of me to offer. He is covering right now as I sit in the next room.

(I must confess that I have just spent two hours watching a couple of episodes ofseries 2 of Nip/Tuck BUT, I have been doing some very good work otherwise - but my brain was getting a little frazzled and I wanted a break.)

I think editing works best in 4 hour time windows. Otherwise you begin to lose sight of the project.I still have three hours until my shift is over so I will now return to my editing.)

Nighty night


x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home