Thursday, March 24, 2005

Soldiering on.

A couple of days ago I had a meeting with a small South London music producer. I went to his recording studio and kicked about there smoking cheap cigars (they were all smoking weed - I don't touch that stuff any more.) and we listened to some tracks and talked through some ideas. This is the first meeting I have had since I shot that first music video a few weeks ago. Now that I have some concrete work done, my plan is to make it 100% completed before I go tauting myself as a director.

(I have been so fucking busy doing this shit fuck edit that it has been driving me nuts. I really need to double my efforts in order to get it completed.)

In recent months I have been meeting a few people here and there and my confidence has developed as I learn to essentially sell and market myself as a Promos/Commercials Director. I quite enjoy it, which is good because I promised myself that I MUST ENJOY EVERYTHING I DO RELATED TO DIRECTING because it is what I want to do with my life and if I don't enjoy it - I might as well quit. And there are times where it does get boring/annoying/stressful. But I suppose that is what I need to deal with.

Anyway, I think this could lead on to some good stuff. So I'll let you guys know.


xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home