Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Beginning of the End

My oldest friend (some 21 years) is getting married this Saturday. We are travelling up North to attend and in many ways it is a beautiful thing. I respect marriage and I admire those that enter into it. I am also always on the look out for my own future wife.

Yet as beautiful as this is, quietly it signals the end of a time in all of our lives.

For we are no longer boys, we are becoming men, In time we shall be fathers, uncles, grandfathers and our youth will be a distant memory. Of course on the inside I will always feel 19, but those around me, my children even will look at me and see a fat old bald man.

But this is life, and we cannot resist, no matter how hard we try.

I must just redouble my efforts to do what it is I have to do before it is too late.


Love and kisses,


Doom

xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home