Thursday, December 02, 2004

2004 Highlights TOP TEN #2

TOP TEN MOMENTS OF 2004
In No particular order #2

March 2004

Four more fucking weeks and we'd have done it... The Cheque had cleared... but we suddenly were looking at a 40% deduction.

What a cunt.

For various reasons I cannot elaborate much further beyond thus:

A good friend of mine and I set up a small company and we were masquerading and a professional organisation and dealing with a pretty big blue chip London based company. In short, we made some money. Quite a bit relatively speaking. And then we lost some money. Quite a bit relatively speaking.

And it seemed that we were dangerously close to being unveiled as the mischeivious reprobates we really were. I spent a weekend of fear and worry dreading the inevitable and phone call that was coming.

Because I was going to be summoned in to meet one of the bosses - a man that would make Satan seem like Santa Claus. Shit scared as I was I figured I had nothing to lose, and the inevitable verbal blasting I would receive would be worth it because at least I'd have a good story to tell. But there would be NO WAY that I would be able to"fight him" on his terms... the meeting WAS going to end in my defeat. We'd fucked up - not our fault totally, but we really didn't know what we were doing and this would be instantly obvious in a situation like this. All our effort had gone up in creating a smokescreen which would blow away and leave me standing naked ready to get fucked senseless.

Nonetheless - my associate had manged to pull some string and the inevitable phone call never came. In fact - We even came out smelling of roses because they still wanted to deal with us. Now THAT was lucky.

What did I learn from all of this? That if you're scared... you must jump in deeper - really and truly - it is rarely as bad as you think



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home