Saturday, October 23, 2004

North South Divide

I went up north the furthest I have been in 10 years.

It is like a foreign country.

"You areet, cock?"

Is supposedly a nice thing - which was repeated to me several times during my visit... roughly translated it means,"Are you alright, cock?" (cock - apparently a term of endearment)

But I am aware that it might also mean,

"You're a right cock"

I suppose I'll never know.

But laughing and joking asside, I was utterly blown away by the warmth of northern hospitality. I walked into a strangers house and I swear that within 10 minutes I felt utterly at home. The northerners in this country really put to shame the miserable rascals who live in the south.

I may well have spent most of my time terrified that the scallwags up north would have robbed me blind and left my in my vest and boxer shorts but at least I would have felt at home. Kind of like a mugger who gives you your bus fare home.






1 Comments:

Blogger Melaina RN, PHN, MS, CNS, ACHPN said...

Hysterical! Loved your line about the mugger who gives you bus fare home. Cock is really a term of endearment?

11/26/2004 6:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home