Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Wound Up

I don't know why yesterday wound me up so much - but I had probably the worst day I have had in a while.

I delivered the first cut of the video to the artists feeling to myself that it would be fine and that they would like it.

They both watched it and whilst their reaction was quite muted they did seem to like it. At least they told me so anyway. They also told me about some other tunes of theirs which I listened to and of my favourite I told them I could do a cool video to it.

"If you don't let me do the video to that tune I'll firebomb this place"

They laughed and all agreed.

So - if they want me to do the next one then they must think I know what I'm doing.

Anyway, the call yesterday and the subsequent to-ing and fro-ing from the editors and producer and clients on the phone was draining.

Fact: It is totally unheard of for the clients to say FINE - WE LOVE THE VIDEO AS IT IS.

But I wasn't fully prepared for it - again this is a thing that experience is teaching me. Next time I will be more ready to hear this... but because it caught me off gaurd I was vexed and frustrated.

More so, however because the editors kept on telling me that they'd made the video as choppy and quick as they could. They kept repeating that they'd done all they could and they shown it to other professionals who said it was a well cut video.

Which is largely irrelevant because the client is the client - even if they pay with peanuts -they still need to get what they need to get.

Also I did some chopping and changing of the music on my short film and after about 4 hours of fucking about I got fucked off and then deleted it all because it was shit.

And the meeting today I was supposed to have with the new music guy has been cancelled until tomorrow or Friday.

So I don't know what to do.

Maybe I'll have a look at this feature script I was working on.

Oh yeah - that proper paid job - I got it. But the dates were wrong. It's for 2 days in JUNE. A sort of 2nd unit director/floor manager job on a corporate video.

x

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doom, Blondie, CALM DOWN... they loved it and will love the next one.

x

5/10/2006 9:41 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

they don't love it....not yet anyway.

5/10/2006 11:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home