Friday, December 09, 2005

12 hours to shooting

A long day done. The location is looking fantabulous.

No matter what happens - In less that 12 hours we will be shooting.

We have missing about 2 core crew members - a gaffer and a spark. That means our core lighting department is virtually zero.

WITH LUCK - We have a 3 man camera team who will have to become a camera/lighting team - these guys will have no choice but to do both between themselves, but they won't want to.

WITH BAD LUCK - We have a 2 man camera/lighting team. Then we are fucked.

Presently the DOP is on a job and unavailable to speak to in order to confirm the 3rd man.

Also, the budget is coming out of my own pocket - and we look like we're gonna go 30% over budget. Not a crisis - but just the way things go. I've got too much invested to fuck the project up because of a few hundred pounds....

(am I MAD?)

I am now unemployed - a few hundred pounds is a LOT of money.

Fuck it.

Tomorrow will be magic. I've known this moment wil come for a long time....but lookign past the next 3 days - the moment that right now I cannot see but I know is coming will be MONDAY NIGHT - when this shoot will be over. A lot of stress and a lot of bother right now, but all that will turn into relief and bliss. The page is blank right now, but by then, the page will be full colour... I am looking forwards to seeing what we come up with.

peace and love

xx

ps. I just hope we don't fuck it up.

3 Comments:

Blogger RuKsaK said...

Good luck to you man - can't wait to have the chance to see the results. And, you know what, you'll sail this, because you have sincere passion going on.

12/10/2005 12:01 am  
Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

good luck my friend!! i am so excited for you! if it weren't for the fact that you have a beautiful twenty something year old girlfriend I would wish you many complimentary directorial blowjobs. hmmm perhaps you will get the best of the doughnuts on the extra's table. do you have extras?

I hope you have a great time. Congratulations on living your dream.

12/11/2005 4:15 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Ruksak! - many thanks for your comment - hard to live up to the faith you have in me - we got through the day - but it was tough.... At times today I remembered your comment (i checked my blog this morning) and I was desperate to make sure I lived up to you and the rest of my readers expectations.... this blog is a bautiful thing.

Bethanie - many many thanks again - I am living my dream - I have a long way to go.... but I am trying my best.

12/11/2005 10:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home