Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Destiny - A New Beginning

"There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but when you get there, the view is always the same." - Bethanie Odd

I have felt it coming - The eventual and the inescapable - No matter what happened I was always going to be in this place.

What the fuck?

I went into the meeting with my big boss suppressing the urge to quit... I want to leave, I don't want this job any more - it is helping me in some ways yet hindering me in others - yet money is money and it will help me out in ways that I need it to. I've got this short film coming up which I need to pay for and my showreel is virtually complete - so I need to concentrate on getting it out.

Anyway, this afternoon I said my prayers and asked for help with my career. Not this stupid job. But my career - My aspirations to be a commercials director and a film director. Grandiose perhaps? But it is what I am working towards. What I am going to to.

This evening, in the meeting I was presented; not with the answers to my prayer, but the pre-cursor to them.

Afterwards I called my girlfriend,

"Do you want the good news or the bad news?" I asked.

"Don't tell me you quit!?" She exclaimed.

"I didn't have to."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although it may not seem like it when you open your wallet next week, maybe this is just what your career needs.

Best of luck Doom.

10/11/2005 11:13 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

LINGO SLINGER -- I got sweet Fanny Adams. (UK euphemism for FUCK ALL)

MANGO -- You are spot on. This is exactly what I need. yet it comes as no shock - the timing is uncanny. Thanks for the sentiments. It's appreciated.

10/11/2005 11:30 pm  
Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

Congrats, in the round about, holy fuck, sort of way. What a gift/ push/ force into what you wanted to do!

I am happy for you :D

10/13/2005 2:30 pm  
Blogger RuKsaK said...

Good luck Kohai - you got all you need in you and you know you have - let rip!

10/15/2005 2:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home