Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Shield Season FIVE - A Review

I am onto episode 5 of the 11 and it is probably the most intense and well written drama on television I have ever seen.

So much has been invested into the characters and the plot lines over the past four seasons that finally with the introduction of the Kavangh character it has turned the world upside down... and given Vic Mackey his nemesis.

In the truest sense the dramatic qualities have been perfectly conceived. A lot of Amercian TV drama is written with 5 Seasons of material planned from the very start. Not every show get to go the total run, Season 3 was a bit of a let down - and fuck me if I ever thought season 4 could be bettered.

Because it has.

I'm truly tense, exciting, nervous and terrified when I'm watching each episode. The makers of the show deliberately tipped their hand just enough to let us know that this is gonna be the end...

One way or another.

And I love it.

LOVE IT.

xxx

UPDATE

I have just finished the last of the 11.

And it looks like there will be another 10 next January - this season 5 is split into 2 groups actually totalling 21 episodes all together... I cannot fucking believe what just happened at the end of 05-11. And I am just gonna have to wait.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shield?

Dude, PLEASE.

Two words... 'Prison Break'.
.
.
.
.
K fine, I admit I like the shield too.. But not as much as.. Prison Break.


xox

5/12/2006 3:33 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

I have watched the WIRE series 1 2 and 3 and I consider it to be 100% excellent... it is on par with the shield - in some respects it is even better.

doom
x

5/14/2006 8:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home