Monday, May 29, 2006

Frustration

I am annoyed. Progress has been slowed to a halt on nearly all my projects.

1. The test commercial - the compositing has been held up even more because the animator is in hospital. (this project has been 24 months in post production already... this is disgustingly slow and NEVER to be repeated) Of course, I cannot really upset at him because he might be really sick. But it is yet another mishap in a story full of mishaps... but the time has come for me to get this project finished because ALL of my projects are due to be finished. (The hidden truth us that I have never been in a hurry to finish this project because I KNEW I would need to get more work together for my showreel before putting it together... but I now, at last HAVE that 'more work' and it is time for me to get it all done.)

2. The music video - the artists/management are sitting on their arses not sending me the remastered uncompressed copy of the song for me to arrange an output of the video. Also the editor made a boo boo and kept on telling me that he had the most recent uddated version of FCP pro when in fact, he didn't. So I have had to send the DVD out to him for him to upgrade his system before he can do the re-colouring on the new edit that I worked on.

3. The short film. My on-line editor is sick (see 1) so this means that the colour grade and VFX work might be delayed. Also, the sound editor is busy and will have trouble fitting in the job.


BASICALLY...

I am the victim of circumstance. Progress has been slow and I have been wasting a lot of time doing nothing. I have money trickling in and haemoraging out which is not good at all.

It is hard... but I need to re-gain control and make sure everything is done in order to complete this project.

I have let things slide for a while.

Which was fine.

But now it need to be brought back on track. Because I am SO CLOSE to completing them and then entering the next stage. And this stage I have been blogging about reaching for AGES and AGES. It is embarrassing when I realise how slow I have been. And the fault is all mine.

I am so close I can taste it... I cannot... WILL NOT let anything stop me.

Because the reality is... that when I enter that stage... the hard work will only just BEGIN. And that is as frightening as it is exciting and I want to get there before my 28th birthday... which is in 3 weeks.

Doom
x

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
You do good bloggin. Can I ask what the short film is about? I just started reading you so forgive me if you have already done this in a previous entry.

Thanks

Dharma::bumwarrior

5/30/2006 12:21 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Dharma,


I have not revealed what the short film is about yet...

But I will say this much... it is a true story.

And very soon, when it is 100% completed I will release more information...

doom

5/30/2006 2:23 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

But, Dharma, the way you came from is what my film is about.

5/30/2006 2:26 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

hmmm... I am working on a sci-fi feature which I am co-writing with a guy who ius off in Cannes at the moment... I think I make a good co-writer...

What is this 'portable film' medium you speak of?

5/30/2006 9:28 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

hmmmm.

It's not exactly high-brow...

But you could be right... I must talk about this with my associates and see what we can come up with.

Thanks

5/31/2006 11:39 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

i LOVE zombies

5/31/2006 11:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:: 28!! OLD MAN!!

Any big plans?

Hopefully everything will be sorted by then and you'll have something to celebrate, be excited about the next stage... The final stage no?

Good luck...

And start with the birthday planning!!!

xox

5/31/2006 5:08 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Pretty far from the 'final stage'

but the next one.

maybe stage 3 or 4 depending on how I look at things
x

5/31/2006 9:48 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

i'm not 28 for another 2 and a half weeks...

so be cool for now, my brother

6/02/2006 11:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home