Thursday, July 07, 2005

Disaster Recovery

Some of my long standing readers know a small secret about me that the rest of you probably don't - it is not a big thing, but I have a regular and full time job where I squeeze 36 hours of work into 3 long shifts per week. The rest of my time is devoted elsewhere.

I don't write about my regular job it because I don't think it very interesting - and I doubt any of you would. But today, I feel it appropriate to let you know who I work for - but without giving away too many details for various reasons.

I work for the ambulance service as a discharge controller and today we are totally dedicated to the emergency response for the terrorist attack. Part of me knew this day would come, it is the day we have all been preparing for and the day we all hoped would never arrive.

Nonetheless, this sad day arrived.

I shall not rant on and whine about sadness and loss, I am sure there is enough of this elsewhere... I feel we all owe it to ourselves and each other to take this as a reminder that life is precious. And to treat it as such.

Life goes on.

Understand it's value.

Appreciate what we have.

Give yourself a soak in a hot bath, tell your loved ones you care, smile at that little child on the train, help that old lady accross the road, brush your teeth, comb your hair, eat your greens, take that risk, go for that opportunity.

Because this is your life and it is ending one minute at a time.

Tomorrow I am off to Budapest with my beautiful and sweet girlfriend. I am going to take extra care of here and shower her with unconditional love and affection.

And for you all,

peace and love

xxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home