Sunday, January 25, 2009

Precipice

A lot's changed and a lot hasn't since I used to update this site regularly.

For sure, most of my old readers are gone. This blog is private and my anonymity is still important to me. Nobody knows who I am.

So, for who do I write this?

Perhaps I'll share this with my wife and children one day, perhaps it will become public and people will know who I am... but right now, I'll simply write.

I am at the absolute threshold of accomplishing something I've dreamed of for my whole life. I have wanted to direct feature films since I was 13 years old.

And I have spent the last TWO YEARS writing a 94 page psychological horror script and I have two respected producers on board, an investor and a 20 page proposal all strung together.

All I need is the guy to say yes, and then it begins.

Sometimes I wonder if I am deluding myself that a simply kid from South London can pull off something as fantastic as this, and at other times it just seems so perfectly normal for me to expect myself to accomplish this.

There are no fixed ways to finance and make a movie, most people will tell you that you should start small and make things micro-budget ($100,000) but I am being a little more ambitions and aiming for $2,000,000.

But I really have little desire to make a micro-budget movie, when $2,000,000 is already such a tiny amount.

I've learned a lot of mental 'tricks' along the way - mostly about how to conduct oneself and how to overcome fear.

Of course, whether any of these strategies and choices work out for me, remains to be seen.

I'll keep you posted.

xx

3 Comments:

Blogger Kittyn said...

I'm still here.

I'm still pulling for you, never lost the faith here.

Glad you're back.

1/26/2009 10:50 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Miaow!

1/26/2009 11:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNOW WHO YOUR ARE!!!
This is a abit funny, we're both coming back in 09.. haha.. i just sent you a email, and for some reason googled your blog name.. and tah dah.


xx

1/27/2009 11:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home