Thursday, April 19, 2007

16th-22nd May

Dear readera -- In four weeks time I am going on a Seven day adventure.

Cos, I my friends am going out to the Cannes film festival. As a writer/director, it is my JOB to go out there. My agenda is simple:

To learn.

I have a short film there screening in the Short Film Corner which will get me the neccessary accreditation. But I am NOT going out there to try and bluff my way into anything.

I am writing a Supernatural Thriller which will not be finished in time - but it will be good for me to go there with no real pressure. I don't want to go there with any illusions that I will be walking away with a $1,000,000 deal -- because I won't.

BUT I want to talk to sales agents, distributors, agents and producers. So that when the time comes I will be ready.

I'm very excited about it all - I have my flights and accreditation sorted - all I need now my Tuxedo and my Accomodation.

This is certainly the most important trip I have ever taken in my life - and I'm excited.

xx

6 Comments:

Blogger bedshaped said...

Even if not to pull off a great deal, a brilliant experience surely.
Best of luck!

4/24/2007 6:23 pm  
Blogger Miriam Wild-Smith said...

Hi!

I wrote a short film and my friend/director submitted it to Cannes. We just got an email saying they are pleased to tell us we are "accredited." This is my very first film. I created it for fun and have no experience with things like this. What does this mean? Does this mean our film will be screened at Cannes? I'd love to jump for joy, but I don't want to until I know for sure. Thanks!

4/25/2007 7:41 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Basically, if you paid and sent the DVDs in then you would have received TWO accreditations.
(a long serial number code)

Did you send your DVD in to the short film corner?

If so, it looks like it's gonna be screened - BUT - basically they screen every film they take anyway. It's digitised into a computer and people watch them on computer monitors.

so - be excited - but don't be THAT excited.

If you DID get accreditation and are NOT going, send me the serial numbers, I might have a friend who needs to get in.

Doom
x

4/25/2007 7:47 pm  
Blogger Miriam Wild-Smith said...

Awesome! Looks like we got in then. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I read about short film corner. I'm still very excited. It may not be "Cannes" but its still Cannes.

I am not going, but my friend/director is.

4/25/2007 9:17 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

What film is it? - I'll be sure to view it when I'm over there.

Doom
xx

4/25/2007 10:43 pm  
Blogger Kitty said...

Great news for you, Doom! Good luck! I'm certain you'll have an amazing time.
xoxo,
Kitty

5/14/2007 11:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home