Thursday, March 16, 2006

TAPE IS CHEAP

And so it begins - after a failed 3 months waiting for an editor I have decided to partly do it myself on my G4 Apple Mac laptop. This was I can share the project file with the new editor whom is also the new compositor.

I am annoyed with myself for letting it take this long - because right from the beginning I could have done it myself - but I suppose this is the way that things turn out.

We have a digusting amount of footage - for a 10 minute film we have three hours worth. That is undisciplined and embarrassing. But, tape is cheap, as they say... so often the camera stays rolling.

Anyway, now I need to log the tapes and synch the sound track. A long and laborious task, but I am happy that I can actually start work on it.

In other news:

I had that meeting with the rap artists this afternoon - it seemed to go well. I don't have much time and their project falls outside my personal CORE ACTIVITY parameters so I will do what I can do for them, but I ain't busting my ass - I'll write up a treatment this weekend. We discussed some ideas which they seemed to like.

BUT the money they have is so little, it barely covers the equipment, so any special extras they want in the video they need to fix themselves. Which is actually a good arrangement. In fact, it is a VERY good arrangement. It means, I don't have to worry about resource management. So anything we agree upon in the video, THEY go and get.

ie.

Locations,
Extras,
Dancing Girls,
Clothes,
Props,
Actors.



Oh yeah, I am very disappointed that nobody wants me to teach them how to cook a good curry. I can only assume that you must all be excellent cooks (Not you London Cokehead, I already know that you're a good cook)

Love and kisses,

Doom/Blondie
x

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha 'rap artist' ...

Wait I've been begging for sushi recipe for months and you're offering other people cooking help??

not right.

3/17/2006 7:53 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

the SUSHI entry will be coming - I have agreed that already.

3/17/2006 9:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kay.. Will be waiting for it, hopeu have a fab weekend, despite the weather.

xo

3/18/2006 3:11 am  
Blogger Brie said...

eheh, i've burnt microwave popcorn before...

3/18/2006 4:49 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

I try my best!!

3/18/2006 1:56 pm  
Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

I cook a killer curry, mind you it is Thai green curry and I am not sure what your is... I would LOVE instructions, as out of the 7 curries I know, 4 are rather standard and I would like to up my rad curry quota.

Fill me in Doomie :D

3/19/2006 4:31 am  
Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

dude, what the heck...fork it over!!!

3/22/2006 2:48 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

i will..

i;m busy that's all...

3/22/2006 2:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home