Tuesday, February 28, 2006

AN OPEN CALL FOR SCRIPTS

Okay. I need to make another short film. There are various local production funds available for money between £2,000 and £10,000. I want to make a film so bad that it makes me want to shit.

I have enough technical skill, experience and contacts to make this film effectively. I am looking for the next project to form the next step in my film making evolution.

BUT I need a script.

And a FUCKING GOOD ONE.


I INVITE ANYBODY HERE TO COME UP WITH AN IDEA FOR A SHORT FILM ROUGHLY 3-4 PAGES/MINUTES LONG.

I am deadly serious.




The rules.

1. Your idea must not be shit.

2. It must be engaging.

3. No subject or theme is off limits.

4. Be careful- with film the idea is to SHOW and not TELL. So avoid too much dialogue.

5. Any concept that can be described as edgy, passionate, strong, powerful, funny, violent, beautiful, engaging, disturbing will automatically arouse my attention.

6. Anything that can be described as cliched will annoy me. I don't want to hear about God and the Devel playing chess... or East London gangsters.


THE PRIZE


The winner will have the pleasure of developing the idea with me. If it is good enough it will win the neccessary financial awards and then be made into a short film.

For you, my precious readers, there is nothing quite like this as an opportunity.


enquires in comments or via email

Lordsofdoom AT hotmail.com


Love
x

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This intrigues me.

I will be in touch doom. Although my schedule may not afford me too much time in the next few weeks, I'd be happy to help in any way possible.

2/28/2006 5:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This makes me wiggle with glee. It even makes me want to try... and reveal a secret.

I have a few ideas that I think I can write up.

2/28/2006 9:24 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

You should email me...

3/01/2006 1:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two days before the wedding a bird walks in on her fiancee getting a bj from his best mate.

Enjoy.

3/01/2006 1:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fiance, even

3/01/2006 1:45 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

that's quite profound. I'll need a little more development, though.

3/01/2006 2:00 am  
Blogger Admin said...

Dude, I dropped thee an email.

Later, there's a whirlwind going on here!

3/01/2006 6:36 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

erm.... i just checked - nothing yet.

3/01/2006 7:46 pm  
Blogger Admin said...

hotmail went down shortly after I sent it. Weird man, wonder if it has anything to do with the address: Lordsofdoom! hmmmm....

3/01/2006 9:10 pm  
Blogger Nobody said...

I want to do a short film about my stomach head but it would require lots digital compositing.

Yes I am serious, but the content isn't...

Check out my blog, and click the webcam image of me under the Links selection on the lefthand side.

3/02/2006 4:09 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

compositing isn;t such a hard thing.... if you have the right people....


the right script would minimise the CG needed and blend physical effects with camera trickery....

drop me a line...

3/02/2006 11:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm emailing you a story now.

3/03/2006 7:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home