Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Aid and Assistance.

I consider film making to be a journey - from the very first word written down until final sound effect is added there is a creative process and along the way are stumbling blocks, difficulties, tests and problems.

I have recently become tense because of the problem I have with finding a location for this short film. The location is CRITICAL for this project - nearly everything else is sorted.

The story is set in a dingy flat - but shooting in a dingy flat will be impossible because we need SPACE for cast, crew, lights, camera.

In the middle of my stress I get talking to my friend who I suddenly realise has just bought a house -

- PERFECT -

We'll have a LOT of space. The house in scarcely furnished, so I can fill it with whatever I like, and make it look really dingy. Also, we'll have parking, electricity, a green room for the actors and LOTS OF SPACE.

And best of all the location is totally free.

Fucking magic.


Every now and then, along the journey people will come to your assistance.

And it fucking rocks.

xx

4 Comments:

Blogger RuKsaK said...

Well done matey - can we ask what's the name of the film?

11/10/2005 1:06 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

erm.... yes we can.... but for now I will not say.

(that statement will make sense soon)

Doom

11/10/2005 1:55 pm  
Blogger LeeLoreya said...

Signed a confidentiality clause with some big cigar smoking boss have you?


Be careful with your enthusiasm though - I'm sure your kind friend would like his house returned with the roof on.

11/10/2005 4:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're a winner. I wish I had the time to get my creative juices flowing. Ah well. I hope the film is everything you hoped it would be. Dingy house and all.

11/11/2005 12:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home