Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Monetry Woes

I am soon to be unemployed.

So I need to really make some firm choices about my like and the way I live it.

My first choice is:

What is more important - 6 weeks pay OR making this short film?

I have chosen to leave my job a few weeks before the contract finishes in order to shoot this short film that I have coming up. The short term 'hit' I will take should hopefully be balanced out by the fact I am shooting my short movie. And it is one I have a lot of hopes for, I know I am ready to do something special. I fucking hope that this will help me lead onto bigger and better things.

But to make it special I have to commit some extra time into. Which means I must quit my job and lose money. And that is on TOP of this short film COSTING me money.

Anyway.

I have just been doing my on-line banking and credit card and shit and I have that all too familiar feeling - that one that I know YOU all get when you realise you don't have enough money.

And it sucks.


I got some choices to make.

xx

6 Comments:

Blogger LeeLoreya said...

you know, when i was having financial difficulties (for the past 2 months...it ended this morning), i came up with all sorts of devices to spend little or nothing at all and survive. They would be too long (and possibly embarrassing) to list here, of course, but this kind of hardship truly is (as you put it earlier) enriching (oh the delicious ambiguity of the word: spiritual wealth in financial poverty? hum...)

11/08/2005 5:28 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Leeloreya - Your list intrigues me... e-mail me... if you dare.

11/08/2005 9:10 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Try eating pidgeons .. You'll save a fortune !!

11/09/2005 1:02 am  
Blogger LeeLoreya said...

erm...i would, because I am dareful (?), 'cept that your email link is either invisible to my bicentenarian eyes, or inexistant...

11/09/2005 3:48 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

LORDSOFDOOM@HOTMAIL.COM

11/09/2005 3:50 pm  
Blogger Smartypants said...

I was going to write something flippant but I managed to stop myself. (Barely.)

Seriously, screw the money.(!) You'd be surprised how money has a way of finding you when you need it most. I was a very poor grad student and things always seemed to work out. (I did eat a lot of peanut butter and jelly sam'miches though.)

Do the film.

11/09/2005 9:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home