Friday, January 07, 2005

Good to be Alive

The way I see it - there are 3 basic types of people in life.

a) Players - These guys recognise that they are the headline act in their own lives. These guys are on the pitch/scene/page and they are playing it to the fullest ability. They care not if they fuck up. They roll the die, they make their moves, they do what they have to do. Other People will always look to them and offer criticism in some form - But the Players recognises none of this, as it simply jealously.

b) Bit parts. These guys recognise the game, but lack the skills/willpower/insight to realise that they can themelves actually take the leading role. A bit of effort that these guys can be stars.

c) Spectators. They are content (but probably not happy) to fill their lives with risk free activities that are usually passive and involve watching others. They freely offer their own bland criticism which somehow they feel justifies their existence.

Which are you?

Truly, I have never felt more content and more happy with who I am and what I am doing. I am not saying that I have everything and am doing everything I want to be doing. But more than any time in my life I am simply "doing".

I am 26, and I feel that for the first time in my life I am beginning to wake up. Where I have been the first part of my life, I do not know. But today I took my customary walk through the park. I turned off my iPod and just quietly walked. And it came clear to me, that even now, I am probably running at 20% of my potential - but still it feels fantastic - and I want to hop, skip and jump my way into the rest! And then I get scared - scared that I won;t have enough time to do what I have to do! The impatience is coming!

If I could try and condense this all into one sentence that I could offer as advice to you, my reader it would be this:

Just Do It.

If you have faith in God, or even if you don't, just trust in Him and then - just do it. You'll be amazed at what you can do when you let go.


God bless.

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home