Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Other Side

Suddenly I understand something...

I once watched an episode of Nip/Tuck where a transgender patient was having surgery to go from Man to woman. When she was almost a 'woman' she was talking to a female nurse about something relevant to woman.... concious or not the acceptance by the nurse where she suddenly started to regard the patient as female and relate to her as such was probably more empowering for the patient that the actually surgery.

Anyway.

A couple of years ago I bleached my hair blonde and kept it that way for 6 months or so. Last year I tried to do it again but made my hair go green... so I had to dye it back.

Last week I have just had the first lot of highlights put into my hair to make me have blonde(ish) hair. When I was in the hair salon the blondest of blonde stylists was talking to me and offered advice how to maintain the colour of my hair.

Okay, all she was doing was talking to me about hair - but suddenly I was aware that I was back in the gang. I remembered how much I fucking love my blonde highlights. I don't know why - but I was lost without them for the last year.

Now I have them back I never ever want to get rid of them. I am already daydreaming about when I put the next lot of colour in!

Anyway, my advice to you is:

Follow your heart and stay true to yourself.

Blondie

xxx

4 Comments:

Blogger RuKsaK said...

Congratulations on wrapping your brain in the right colour hair again.

2/19/2006 9:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I cant compare your blondness with a proper sex change...
I am a girl and I know exactly what you mean...I've had exactly the same hairstyle since I was about fifteen, any time I change it something bad happens...

x

2/20/2006 1:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No email addy on this whole page? Email me whenever if/when you want to go to the club.
And Yep I just turned 23... How did you guess?
x

2/20/2006 1:54 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

woo hoo!

I feel privilidged!

I will drop you a line when the time comes!

2/20/2006 11:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home